- ticket title
- Tips for Apartment Hunting in off Season
- Southwestern Arizona schools providing free summer meals
- Guatemalan woman dies in desert near Yuma after being left behind by migrant group
- Yuma, Arizona shelters are overrun with migrants crossing the southern border
- Volunteers, support needed to help migrants released by Border Patrol in Yuma
- ASU@Yuma celebrates 1st graduating class
YUMA, Ariz. – Officials with the Arizona Department of Corrections said a 24-year-old inmate died Thursday from injuries sustained the day before.
The department said Patrick D. Crooks, ADC #321691, tried to hurt himself using a bed sheet tied to a shower stall.
Staff found Crooks shortly after midnight on Wednesday while conducting a security check, the ADC said, and immediately intervened and performed life-saving measures until paramedics took him off-site to Yuma Regional Medical Center.
Crooks came to ADC custody in 2017 after he was sentenced out of Gila County to one year and six months for endangerment.
All inmate deaths are investigated in consultation with the county medical examiner’s office, according to the ADC.