- ticket title
- Tips for Apartment Hunting in off Season
- Idaho E. coli infections linked to romaine lettuce from Yuma, Arizona
- 2018 Toyota Highlander now available at local dealership in Yuma, Arizona
- Yuma inmate dies of apparent suicide
- Nominees for Arizona High School Boys Soccer Player of the Year
- Yuma Republicans Pick Three Candidates To Replace Don Shooter
YUMA, Ariz. – Officials with the Arizona Department of Corrections said a 24-year-old inmate died Thursday from injuries sustained the day before.
The department said Patrick D. Crooks, ADC #321691, tried to hurt himself using a bed sheet tied to a shower stall.
Staff found Crooks shortly after midnight on Wednesday while conducting a security check, the ADC said, and immediately intervened and performed life-saving measures until paramedics took him off-site to Yuma Regional Medical Center.
Crooks came to ADC custody in 2017 after he was sentenced out of Gila County to one year and six months for endangerment.
All inmate deaths are investigated in consultation with the county medical examiner’s office, according to the ADC.